Saturday, March 22, 2008

PeekaBoo I see YOU

Gayle and I have decided to share this because it is so lovely - at least the moments you can see. Tiger is still in training and at present just cannot resist entering the forbidden zones - in this case - dancing out of camera range. This was our first public tango exhibition. We are dancing to Alma De Bohemio by Pedro Laurenz. March 21 2008 La Belle Epoque Milonga @ Ukranian Restaurant NYC


Lyrics courtesty of planet-tango.com
Peregrino y soñador,
cantar,
quiero mi fantasía
y la loca poesía
que hay en mi corazón!
Lleno de amor y de alegría,
volcaré mi pasion.

Siempre sentí
la dulce ilusión
de estar viviendo
mi pasión.

Si es que no vivo lo que sueño
Yo sueño todo lo que canto,
por eso mi encanto
es el amor.
Mi pobre alma de bohemio
quiero acariciar
y como una flor
perfumar.

Y en mis noches de dolor
a hablar
me voy con las estrellas,
y las cosas más bellas
despierto he de soñar.
Porque les confío a ellas
toda mi sed de amar.

Siempre sentí
la dulce ilusión
de estar viviendo
mi pasión.

Yo busco en los ojos celestes
y en renegridas cabelleras
pasiones sinceras,
dulce emoción.
Y en mi eterna vida errante
llena de ilusión,
yo quiero dar todo
mi corazón.

Traveler and dreamer,
to sing,
I want (to sing) my fantasy
and the mad poetry
that there is in my heart!
Filled with love and joy,
I'll empty out my passion.

I always felt
the sweet illusion
to be living
my passion.

If I don't live what I dream
I dream all that I sing,
that's why my charm
is love.
My poor bohemian soul
I want to caress
and like a flower
permeate with perfume.

And in my nights of pain
to speak
I go (to speak) with the stars,
and the most beautiful things
awake, I'm going to dream
Because I trust in them
all my thirst for love.

I always felt
the sweet illusion
to be living
my passion.

I look for in the light blue eyes
and in black long hairs;
sincere passions,
sweet emotion.
And in my eternal wandering life
filled with illusion,
I want to give all
my heart.


An additional note: While you are watching the empty stage, take notice of the lovely chandeliers. Although they shed light, they are rooted in "nights of pain". It is rumored they were purchased with gold teeth collected from murdered Jews in Ukranian concentration camps during the Holocaust.

No comments: